- Name: Payroll & Employee Benefit Accounting
- Discipline: Accounting
- Units (Credits): 3
- Transfer Information: (Courses with numbers 100 to 299) This course is designed to apply toward a WNC degree and/or transfer to other schools within the Nevada System of Higher Education, depending on the degree chosen and other courses completed. It may transfer to colleges and universities outside Nevada. For information about how this course can transfer and apply to your program of study, please contact a counselor.
- Academic Division: Career and Technical Education
- Prerequisites: ACC 135, ACC 201 or equivalent work experience
I: Catalog Course Description
Introduces payroll and employee benefit reporting to federal, state, and local government agencies. Includes an overview of federal and state labor laws and specialized reporting requirements including both manual and computerized payroll accounting systems.
Note: Non-transferable for an NSHE baccalaureate degree. Non-applicable towards an AA, AB or AS Degree.
II: Course Objectives
This course introduces payroll and employee benefit reporting to federal, state and local government agencies. Includes an overview of federal and state labor laws and specialized reporting requirements including both manual and computerized payroll accounting systems.
- Enable the student to learn applicable federal and state laws and regulations related to payroll and employee benefits.
- Enable the student to gain experience in recording payroll transactions and preparation of payroll reports in both a manual and computerized setting.
III: Course Linkage
This class meets a requirement for the following programs: AAS-Accounting Emphasis, and Accounting Technician Certificate of Achievement.
ACC 180 addresses the following Student Learning Objectives of ensuring that students are able to demonstrate that they:
- Know the subject matter to a level appropriate for the emphasis of their degree.
- Have developed the managerial and interpersonal skills necessary to succeed in the current business environment.
Scheduled ACC-180 classes:
There are currently no ACC-180 classes scheduled for this term.