- Name: Microcomputer Accounting Systems
- Discipline: Accounting
- Units (Credits): 3
- Transfer Information: (Courses with numbers 100 to 299) This course is designed to apply toward a WNC degree and/or transfer to other schools within the Nevada System of Higher Education, depending on the degree chosen and other courses completed. It may transfer to colleges and universities outside Nevada. For information about how this course can transfer and apply to your program of study, please contact a counselor.
- Academic Division: Career and Technical Education
- Prerequisites: ACC 201
I: Catalog Course Description
Integrates the principles of accounting and the concepts of data processing. Students will become familiar with computerized accounting systems which are realistic examples of systems used in business today.
II: Course Objectives
This course integrates the principles of accounting and the concepts of data processing. Students will become familiar with computerized accounting systems which are realistic examples of systems used in business today.
- To enable students to become familiar with computerized accounting systems as they relate to the accounting process and the different areas in the accounting field.
III: Course Linkage
This class meets a requirement for the following programs: AAS-Accounting Emphasis, AAS- Applied Accounting Emphasis, and Accounting Technician Certificate of Achievement.
ACC 220 addresses the following Student Learning Objectives of ensuring that students are able to demonstrate that they:
- Know the subject matter to a level appropriate for the emphasis of their degree.
- Have developed the managerial and interpersonal skills necessary to succeed in the current business environment.