- Name: Introduction to QuickBooks
- Discipline: Accounting
- Units (Credits): 3
- Transfer Information: (Courses with numbers 100 to 299) This course is designed to apply toward a WNC degree and/or transfer to other schools within the Nevada System of Higher Education, depending on the degree chosen and other courses completed. It may transfer to colleges and universities outside Nevada. For information about how this course can transfer and apply to your program of study, please contact a counselor.
- Academic Division: Career and Technical Education
- Prerequisites: ACC 135 or consent of instructor
I: Catalog Course Description
Introduces students to QuickBooks accounting program and computerized accounting. Students will receive hands-on training in the use of QuickBooks using fictitious case studies.
Note: Non-transferable for an NSHE baccalaureate degree. Non-applicable towards an AA, AB or AS Degree.
II: Course Objectives
Computerized Accounting with QuickBooks is designed to introduce students to the QuickBooks accounting program and how it handles sales and receivables, purchases and payables, general accounting, and end-of-period reporting.
- Gain factual knowledge about QuickBooks accounting program and how it handles sales and receivables, purchases and payables, general accounting, and end-of-period reporting.
- Apply knowledge of the program to account for both service and merchandising businesses.
- Apply knowledge of the program to handle payroll procedures and reporting.
III: Course Linkage
This class meets a requirement for the following programs: AAS-Accounting Emphasis, and Accounting Technician Certificate of Achievement.
ACC 223 addresses the following Student Learning Objectives of ensuring that students are able to demonstrate that they:
- Know the subject matter to a level appropriate for the emphasis of their degree.
- Have developed the managerial and interpersonal skills necessary to succeed in the current business environment.