- Name: Visual Foundations
- Discipline: Art
- Units (Credits): 3
- Transfer Information: (Courses with numbers 100 to 299) This course is designed to apply toward a WNC degree and/or transfer to other schools within the Nevada System of Higher Education, depending on the degree chosen and other courses completed. It may transfer to colleges and universities outside Nevada. For information about how this course can transfer and apply to your program of study, please contact a counselor.
- Academic Division: Liberal Arts
- Prerequisites: None
I: Catalog Course Description
Explores visual forms and contemporary concepts through a variety of media, presentations and discussions.
II. Course Objectives and Linkage to General Education Program
The information in the parentheses after a course objective refers to the specific general education (GE) learning outcome that the objective meets. Objectives without this information are not linked to WNC’s general education program. Upon completion of the course students will have demonstrated they can:
- Demonstrate working knowledge of key design concepts, principles, themes, and major content areas needed to explain and solve design problems. (GE 1)
- Locate, evaluate, and appropriately use information from multiple resources to complete design projects. (GE 4)
- Use critical thinking and creativity to select and apply design principles and ideas suitable for solving significant contemporary or enduring problems. (GE 6)
- Utilize various art media.
- Appreciate the relationship between form and content.
- Expand their sense of experimentation and imagination.