- Name: Drawing I
- Discipline: Art
- Units (Credits): 3
- Transfer Information: (Courses with numbers 100 to 299) This course is designed to apply toward a WNC degree and/or transfer to other schools within the Nevada System of Higher Education, depending on the degree chosen and other courses completed. It may transfer to colleges and universities outside Nevada. For information about how this course can transfer and apply to your program of study, please contact a counselor.
- Academic Division: Liberal Arts
- Prerequisites: None
I: Catalog Course Description
Develops drawing skills through practice with a broad variety of drawing tools and techniques. 1 hour lecture/4 hours studio per week.
II. Course Objectives and Linkage to General Education Program
The information in the parentheses after a course objective refers to the specific general education (GE) learning outcome that the objective meets. Objectives without this information are not linked to WNC’s general education program. Upon completion of this course, students will have demonstrated they can:
- Demonstrate working knowledge of key drawing concepts, principles, themes, and major content areas to solve specific drawing problems. (GE 1)
- Locate evaluate, and appropriately use information from multiple resources to complete drawing projects. (GE 4)
- Use critical thinking and creativity to select and apply recognized drawing techniques suitable for solving significant contemporary or enduring problems. (GE 6)