- Name: Beginning Printmaking
- Discipline: Art
- Units (Credits): 3
- Transfer Information: (Courses with numbers 100 to 299) This course is designed to apply toward a WNC degree and/or transfer to other schools within the Nevada System of Higher Education, depending on the degree chosen and other courses completed. It may transfer to colleges and universities outside Nevada. For information about how this course can transfer and apply to your program of study, please contact a counselor.
- Academic Division: Liberal Arts
- Prerequisites: None
I: Catalog Course Description
Introduces printmaking processes emphasizing relief, intaglio, lithographic, and screen processes.
II: Course Objectives
- To introduce some of the materials, tools and processes fundamental to the discipline.
- Develop specific skills related to art and specific to the discipline of printmaking.
- Learn to apply course material to improve idea-development and problem-solving related to two-dimensional art forms.
- Acquire an interest in learning more by asking questions and seeking answers.
III: Course Linkage
The mission of the AA Degree Program in Fine Arts is to provide knowledge and skills for creative expression, personal enrichment, and the foundation for a career in the Fine Arts.
Upon completion of this course, it is expected that students will have:
- Developed their creative capacities.
- Participated in at least one cultural or artistic activity, such as a visit to a gallery or museum or attendance at a community art lecture or event.
- Developed an appreciation for the arts.
Scheduled ART-124 classes:
There are currently no ART-124 classes scheduled for this term.