- Name: Survey of Art History II
- Discipline: Art
- Units (Credits): 3
- Transfer Information: (Courses with numbers 100 to 299) This course is designed to apply toward a WNC degree and/or transfer to other schools within the Nevada System of Higher Education, depending on the degree chosen and other courses completed. It may transfer to colleges and universities outside Nevada. For information about how this course can transfer and apply to your program of study, please contact a counselor.
- Academic Division: Liberal Arts
- Prerequisites: None
I: Catalog Course Description
This course surveys art of the Western World from the Renaissance to the present.
II. Course Objectives and Linkage to General Education Program
The information in the parentheses after a course objective refers to the specific general education (GE) learning outcome that the objective meets. Objectives without this information are not linked to WNC’s general education program. Upon successful completion of this course, students will have demonstrated they can:
- Demonstrate working knowledge of key concepts, principles, themes, and major content areas of Art History needed to explain and solve discipline-specific problems. (GE 1)
- Present substantially error-free prose suitable in style and content to the purpose of the document and the audience. (GE 2)
- Locate, evaluate, and appropriately use information from multiple resources to complete projects and papers. (GE 4)
- Interpret and appreciate individual artworks from different times and cultures and the underlying aesthetic, cultural, philosophical and social influences that affected the artists who created them.