- Name: Meteorology
- Discipline: Atmospheric Sciences
- Units (Credits): 3
- Transfer Information: (Courses with numbers 100 to 299) This course is designed to apply toward a WNC degree and/or transfer to other schools within the Nevada System of Higher Education, depending on the degree chosen and other courses completed. It may transfer to colleges and universities outside Nevada. For information about how this course can transfer and apply to your program of study, please contact a counselor.
- Academic Division: Liberal Arts
- Prerequisites: None
I: Catalog Course Description
Covers the elements that make up meteorology, potential climate change, severe weather, and weather forecasting.
II. Course Objectives and Linkage to General Education Program
The information in the parentheses after a course objective refers to the specific general education (GE) learning outcome that the objective meets. Objectives without this information are not linked to WNC’s general education program.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will have demonstrated they can:
- Use terminology specific to Atmospheric Science and Meteorology topics applied in the course. (GE 1)
- Use Atmospheric Science and Meteorology concepts and principles demonstrating a working knowledge of Atmospheric and Meteorological processes. (GE 1)
- Perform hands on applications that demonstrate the ability to apply concepts and principles in relation to Atmospheric Science and Meteorology. (GE 1)
The following is a list of topics that must be covered in ATMS 117:
Atmospheric composition; Seasons; Severe Weather; Climate Change; Weather Forecasting.
Scheduled ATMS-117 classes:
There are currently no ATMS-117 classes scheduled for this term.