- Name: Advanced Auto Electronics
- Discipline: Automotive Mechanics
- Units (Credits): 4
- Transfer Information: (Courses with numbers 100 to 299) This course is designed to apply toward a WNC degree and/or transfer to other schools within the Nevada System of Higher Education, depending on the degree chosen and other courses completed. It may transfer to colleges and universities outside Nevada. For information about how this course can transfer and apply to your program of study, please contact a counselor.
- Academic Division: Career and Technical Education
- Prerequisites: AUTO 115
I: Catalog Course Description
Teaches advanced AC and DC automotive electronic circuits, troubleshooting of electronically controlled components including supplemental restraint systems and convenience accessories. Prepares students for ASE certification.
Note: Non-transferable for an NSHE baccalaureate degree. Non-applicable towards an AA, AB or AS Degree.
II: Course Objectives
Further explores automotive electricity theory, principles and maintenance.
Presents safety, use of manuals, hand tools, and hand held test instruments.
Introduce testing and servicing of automotive electronic components
III: Course Linkage
This is a required course in the Associate of Applied Science Automotive Mechanics Program and the Automotive Mechanics Certificate of Achievement.
The mission of the Associate of Applied Science degree in Automotive Mechanics is to provide the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in the current automotive environment.
This course addresses the following AAS degree student learning outcomes of ensuring that students:
- Know the subject matter appropriate to the emphasis of the degree.
- Acquire skills and perform tasks necessary for employment or career enhancement.
- Present themselves effectively to a potential employer.
- Demonstrate effective communication and computation skills appropriate to the chosen occupational field.
- Utilize appropriate resources to remain current in the chosen occupational field.
Scheduled AUTO-117 classes:
There are currently no AUTO-117 classes scheduled for this term.