- Name: Automatic Transmission & Transaxles I
- Discipline: Automotive Mechanics
- Units (Credits): 3
- Transfer Information: (Courses with numbers 100 to 299) This course is designed to apply toward a WNC degree and/or transfer to other schools within the Nevada System of Higher Education, depending on the degree chosen and other courses completed. It may transfer to colleges and universities outside Nevada. For information about how this course can transfer and apply to your program of study, please contact a counselor.
- Academic Division: Career and Technical Education
- Prerequisites: None
I: Catalog Course Description
Introduces principles, design, construction and maintenance of automatic transmissions used in today's automobiles. Includes safety, use of manuals, selection and use of hand tools, and appropriate transmission test instruments. Introduces maintenance of a variety of different automatic transmissions.
Note: Non-transferable for an NSHE baccalaureate degree. Non-applicable towards an AA, AB or AS Degree.
II: Course Objectives
Demonstrate fundamental skills and knowledge of automatic transmissions applicable to a variety of systems.
Demonstrate proficiency using the resources, tools, and diagnostic equipment involved in repairing and maintaining automatic transmissi
III: Course Linkage
This course may be chosen as an elective in the Associate of Applied Science Automotive Mechanics Program.
The mission of the Associate of Applied Science degree in Automotive Mechanics is to provide the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in the current automotive environment.
This course addresses the following AAS degree student learning outcomes of ensuring that students:
- Know the subject matter appropriate to the emphasis of the degree.
- Acquire skills and perform tasks necessary for employment or career enhancement.
- Present themselves effectively to a potential employer.
- Demonstrate effective communication and computation skills appropriate to the chosen occupational field.
- Utilize appropriate resources to remain current in the chosen occupational field.
Scheduled AUTO-210 classes:
There are currently no AUTO-210 classes scheduled for this term.