- Name: Business Law I
- Discipline: Business
- Units (Credits): 3
- Transfer Information: (Courses with numbers 100 to 299) This course is designed to apply toward a WNC degree and/or transfer to other schools within the Nevada System of Higher Education, depending on the degree chosen and other courses completed. It may transfer to colleges and universities outside Nevada. For information about how this course can transfer and apply to your program of study, please contact a counselor.
- Academic Division: Career and Technical Education
- Recommended Prerequisites: BUS 101, BUS 108
I: Catalog Course Description
Teaches the nature and sources of law. Studies the court systems and law as related to contracts, negotiable instruments, sales, insurance, and agencies.
II: Course Objectives
Teaches the nature and sources of law. A study of the court systems and law as related to contracts, negotiable instruments, sales, insurance, and agencies.
- Recite where laws come from, how they are applied, and how they may be changed.
- Apply the knowledge regarding a legally enforceable promise (contract obligation).
- Contrast the difference between ownership, title, and possession of property.
- Apply the various methods of disposing of property.
III: Course Linkage
This class meets a requirement of the following: AAS-Accounting Emphasis, AAS- Applied Accounting Emphasis, AAS- General Business Emphasis, AAS- Management Emphasis, AAS- Paralegal Studies, and AAS- Real Estate Emphasis.
BUS 273 promotes the Student Learning Outcomes of ensuring that students:
- Have college-level skills in reading, writing, and oral communication appropriate to their degree and/or emphasis.
- Have problem solving, creative, and critical thinking skills.
- Have effective and efficient learning skills, including the location and evaluation of information.
- Understand the importance of cultural traditions, diversity, and ethics in the modern world.