Catalog: 2014–2015 Catalog Year
ACC 204: Intermediate Accounting II
- Name: Intermediate Accounting II
- Discipline: Accounting (ACC)
- Units (Credits): 3
- Transfer Information: Courses with numbers 100 to 299: This course is designed to apply toward a WNC degree and/or transfer to other schools within the Nevada System of Higher Education, depending on the degree chosen and other courses completed. It may transfer to colleges and universities outside Nevada. For information about how this course can transfer and apply to your program of study, please contact a counselor.
- Academic Division: Career and Technical Education
Prerequisites and Recommended Courses
I: Catalog Course Description
Emphasizes accounting theory and concepts in corporate accounting. Areas of focus will include stockholder's equity, investments in securities and funds, financial reporting, and analysis of financial statements.
II: Course Objectives
This course emphasizes accounting theory and concepts in corporate accounting. Areas of focus will include stockholder's equity, investments in securities and funds, financial reporting and analysis of financial statements.
- To provide information in the areas of Economics and Accounting that is vital to all those who are to participate in the business world.
- To develop an understanding and appreciation of accounting principles and practices for general, vocational, and professional purposes.
- To provide detailed information on specialized areas of the balance sheet and income statement.
III: Course Linkage
Linkage of course to educational program mission and at least one educational program outcome.
This class meets a requirement for the following program: AAS-Accounting Emphasis.
ACC 204 addresses the following Student Learning Objectives of ensuring that students are able to demonstrate that they:
- Know the subject matter to a level appropriate for the emphasis of their degree.
- Have developed the managerial and interpersonal skills necessary to succeed in the current business environment.