Catalog: 2015–2016 Catalog Year
ACC 295: Work Experience I
- Name: Work Experience I
- Discipline: Accounting (ACC)
- Units (Credits): 1–6
- Transfer Information: Courses with numbers 100 to 299: This course is designed to apply toward a WNC degree and/or transfer to other schools within the Nevada System of Higher Education, depending on the degree chosen and other courses completed. It may transfer to colleges and universities outside Nevada. For information about how this course can transfer and apply to your program of study, please contact a counselor.
- Academic Division: Career and Technical Education
Prerequisites and Recommended Courses
- Prerequisites: consent of instructor
I: Catalog Course Description
Provides on-the-job supervised and educationally directed work experience.
Note: Non-transferable for an NSHE baccalaureate degree. Non-applicable towards an AA or AS Degree.
II: Course Objectives
This course provides on-the-job supervised and educationally directed work experience.
- To enable the student to learn accounting topics on-the-job under direction of the employer and the instructor.
- To apply previous classroom learning to the work environment.
III: Course Linkage
Linkage of course to educational program mission and at least one educational program outcome.
This class meets a requirement for the following programs: AAS-Accounting Emphasis, AAS- Applied Accounting Emphasis, and Accounting Technician Certificate of Achievement.
ACC 295 addresses the following Student Learning Objectives of ensuring that students are able to demonstrate that they:
- Know the subject matter to a level appropriate for the emphasis of their degree.
- Have developed the managerial and interpersonal skills necessary to succeed in the current business environment.