Catalog: 2013–2014 Catalog Year
ART 211: Ceramics I
- Name: Ceramics I
- Discipline: Art (ART)
- Units (Credits): 3
- Schedule History: See when this course was offered over the last three years.
- Transfer Information: Courses with numbers 100 to 299: This course is designed to apply toward a WNC degree and/or transfer to other schools within the Nevada System of Higher Education, depending on the degree chosen and other courses completed. It may transfer to colleges and universities outside Nevada. For information about how this course can transfer and apply to your program of study, please contact a counselor.
- Academic Division: Liberal Arts
- Prerequisites: None
I: Catalog Course Description
Offers a beginning studio course in ceramic construction and decoration. Lecture and laboratory methods are used to give special attention to the development of individual students skills. Uses potter's wheels. One hour lecture and four hours studio per week.
II: Course Objectives
- Develop an understanding of the materials and process associated with ceramics.
- To encourage an environment of experimentation and imagination.
III: Course Linkage
Linkage of course to educational program mission and at least one educational program outcome.
The mission of the AA Degree Program in Fine Arts is to provide knowledge and skills for creative expression, personal enrichment, and the foundation for a career in the Fine Arts.
Upon completion of this course, it is expected that students will have:
- Developed their creative capacities.
- Participated in at least one cultural or artistic activity, such as a visit to a gallery or museum or attendance at a community art lecture or event.
- Developed an appreciation for the arts.