Catalog: 2015–2016 Catalog Year
BIOL 224: Human Anatomy and Physiology II
- Name: Human Anatomy and Physiology II
- Discipline: Biology (BIOL)
- Units (Credits): 4
- Transfer Information: Courses with numbers 100 to 299: This course is designed to apply toward a WNC degree and/or transfer to other schools within the Nevada System of Higher Education, depending on the degree chosen and other courses completed. It may transfer to colleges and universities outside Nevada. For information about how this course can transfer and apply to your program of study, please contact a counselor.
- Academic Division: Liberal Arts
Prerequisites and Recommended Courses
- Prerequisites: BIOL 223 with a grade of C or better
I: Catalog Course Description
Offers a detailed study of the anatomy and physiology of the circulatory, immune, respiratory, digestive, urinary, endocrine and reproductive systems. Primarily for physical education, pre-nursing and other pre-health majors. NOTE: For programs that require BIOL 223 and 224, both courses must be completed at the same institution if taken outside Nevada. May be repeated a maximum of two times within the last five years.
II: Course Objectives
- Gained factual knowledge (terminology, classifications, methods, trends) about Human Anatomy and Physiology II.
- Learned fundamental principles, generalizations, or theories of Human Anatomy and Physiology II.
- Learned to apply course material (to improve thinking, problem-solving, and decisions) in Human Anatomy and Physiology II.
- Developed specific skills, competencies and points of view needed by professionals in the field most closely related to Human Anatomy and Physiology II.
- Acquired an interest in learning more by asking questions and seeking answers about Human Anatomy and Physiology II.