Catalog: 2015–2016 Catalog Year
BIOL 251: General Microbiology
- Name: General Microbiology
- Discipline: Biology (BIOL)
- Units (Credits): 4
- Transfer Information: Courses with numbers 100 to 299: This course is designed to apply toward a WNC degree and/or transfer to other schools within the Nevada System of Higher Education, depending on the degree chosen and other courses completed. It may transfer to colleges and universities outside Nevada. For information about how this course can transfer and apply to your program of study, please contact a counselor.
- Academic Division: Liberal Arts
Prerequisites and Recommended Courses
I: Catalog Course Description
Emphasizes the distribution, form, structure and physiology of microorganisms in laboratory. Develops the student's skills in aseptic procedures, isolation and identification. Three hours lecture/three hours laboratory per week. May be repeated a maximum of two times within the last five years.
II: Course Objectives
- Gained factual knowledge (terminology, classifications, methods, trends) about General Microbiology.
- Learned fundamental principles, generalizations, or theories of General Microbiology.
- Learned to apply course material (to improve thinking, problem-solving, and decisions) in General Microbiology.
- Developed specific skills, competencies and points of view needed by professionals in the field most closely related to General Microbiology.
- Acquired an interest in learning more by asking questions and seeking answers about General Microbiology.