Catalog: 2014–2015 Catalog Year
BUS 101: Introduction to Business
- Name: Introduction to Business
- Discipline: Business (BUS)
- Units (Credits): 3
- Transfer Information: Courses with numbers 100 to 299: This course is designed to apply toward a WNC degree and/or transfer to other schools within the Nevada System of Higher Education, depending on the degree chosen and other courses completed. It may transfer to colleges and universities outside Nevada. For information about how this course can transfer and apply to your program of study, please contact a counselor.
- Academic Division: Career and Technical Education
- Prerequisites: None
I: Catalog Course Description
Provides students a broad background about the modern business world. An important course for students who are considering choosing a business major.
II: Course Objectives
This course provides the student with a broad background about the modern business world and is an important course for students who are considering choosing a business major.
Upon completion of the course students will:
- Have a basic understanding of the business environment.
- Develop a working knowledge of the various segments of business.
III: Course Linkage
Linkage of course to educational program mission and at least one educational program outcome.
This class meets a requirement of the following: AAS-Accounting Emphasis, AAS- Business Applied Accounting Emphasis, AAS- General Business Emphasis, AAS- Management Emphasis, AAS- Office Technology, AAS- Real Estate Emphasis and Business Certificate of Achievement.
BUS 101 promotes the Student Learning Outcomes of ensuring that students:
- Have college-level skills in reading, writing, and oral communication appropriate to their degree and/or emphasis.
- Have problem solving, creative, and critical thinking skills.
- Have effective and efficient learning skills, including the location and evaluation of information.
- Understand the importance of cultural traditions, diversity, and ethics in the modern world.