Catalog: 2012–2013 Catalog Year
BUS 115: Workplace Time Management & Goal Setting
- Name: Workplace Time Management & Goal Setting
- Discipline: Business (BUS)
- Units (Credits): 0.5–3
- Schedule History: See when this course was offered over the last three years.
- Transfer Information: Courses with numbers 100 to 299: This course is designed to apply toward a WNC degree and/or transfer to other schools within the Nevada System of Higher Education, depending on the degree chosen and other courses completed. It may transfer to colleges and universities outside Nevada. For information about how this course can transfer and apply to your program of study, please contact a counselor.
- Academic Division: Social Science, Education, Humanities, Business & Public Service
- Prerequisites: None
I: Catalog Course Description
Introduces students to the importance of time management and goal setting in the workplace. Focuses on evaluation and development of effective time management methods and goal setting techniques for career success.
Note: Non-transferable for a NSHE baccalaureate degree. Non-applicable towards an AA or AS Degree.
II: Course Objectives
This course introduces students to the importance of time management and goal setting in the workplace. Focuses on evaluation and development of effective time management methods and goal setting techniques for career success..
- Recognize the importance of goal and goal setting to business success.
- Identify short-term and long-term techniques for goal setting and time management.
- Develop criteria for setting goals and priorities.
- Apply techniques for improved time utilization and goal setting.
- Recognize the importance of delegation.
- Identify common time wasters in the work environment.
- Recognize that interruptions are an integral part of the work environment.
- Develop strategies to identify and cope with interruptions.
- Recognize the benefits of efficient time management and goal setting in the work environment.
III: Course Linkage
Linkage of course to educational program mission and at least one educational program outcome.
This class meets a requirement of the following: Customer Service Certificate of Achievement and Customer Service Certificate of Completion.
BUS 115B (Workplace Time Management and Goal Setting) addresses the Student Learning Outcomes of ensuring that students:
- Know the subject matter appropriate to the emphasis of the degree.
- Have developed the managerial and personal skills essential to the current business environment.