Catalog: 2013–2014 Catalog Year
CADD 100: Introduction to Computer Aided Drafting
- Name: Introduction to Computer Aided Drafting
- Discipline: Computer Aided Drafting (CADD)
- Units (Credits): 3
- Schedule History: See when this course was offered over the last three years.
- Transfer Information: Courses with numbers 100 to 299: This course is designed to apply toward a WNC degree and/or transfer to other schools within the Nevada System of Higher Education, depending on the degree chosen and other courses completed. It may transfer to colleges and universities outside Nevada. For information about how this course can transfer and apply to your program of study, please contact a counselor.
- Academic Division: Career and Technical Education
Prerequisites and Recommended Courses
I: Catalog Course Description
Uses AutoCAD software to produce working drawings. Emphasizes constructing and editing two-dimensional geometry and placing drawing annotation.
II: Course Objectives
Upon completion of this course the student should be able to:
- Work with drawing files
- Create and place basic two dimensional drawing objects
- Edit drawing objects
- Control viewing of drawing
- Use drawing aids
- Place and edit text
- Use basic dimensioning commands to dimension a drawing
- Create and use layers
- Set and edit object properties
- Print/plot drawings on media
III: Course Linkage
Linkage of course to educational program mission and at least one educational program outcome.
The mission of the Associate Applied Science in Drafting Technology is to provide employment-related knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in the current drafting environment.
This course addresses the following Associate of Applied Science Degree Student Learning Objectives of ensuring that students:
- Have knowledge of the subject matter to a level appropriate for the emphasis of their degree.
- Can acquire the skills and perform the tasks necessary for meaningful employment and career enhancement.
- Are able to present themselves effectively to a potential employer.
- Utilize effective communication and computation skills.
- Make use of all available resources in order to remain current in their chosen career field.