Catalog: 2015–2016 Catalog Year
COT 262: Intermediate Spreadsheets Concepts
- Name: Intermediate Spreadsheets Concepts
- Discipline: Computer Office Technology (COT)
- Units (Credits): 1–3
- Transfer Information: Courses with numbers 100 to 299: This course is designed to apply toward a WNC degree and/or transfer to other schools within the Nevada System of Higher Education, depending on the degree chosen and other courses completed. It may transfer to colleges and universities outside Nevada. For information about how this course can transfer and apply to your program of study, please contact a counselor.
- Academic Division: Career and Technical Education
Prerequisites and Recommended Courses
- Prerequisites: IS 101 or consent of instructor
I: Catalog Course Description
Studies the concepts and capabilities of computer spreadsheet systems. Teaches command and macro generation. Students gain experience generating spreadsheet templates, graphs and macros as business problem-solving tools. When offered for variable credit, content will be divided as follows: A) Concepts and capabilities of the computer spreadsheet with spreadsheet generation; B) Experience with the user-level menu access of the software, including graphing; C) More advanced capabilities of database and macro generation.
II: Course Objectives
COT 262 Offers advanced topics in spreadsheets, computer database management systems and microprogrammings. Reviews traditional methods and modern software tools to generate applications that do not require detailed and highly technical program writing efforts. Includes hands-on computer time.
- Define Spreadsheets.
- List Typical Applications
- Name Hardware Requirements
- Name Software Requirements.
- Load the Software Package
- Identify the Worksheet Screen Segments
- Demonstrate Moving around the Spreadsheet.
- Demonstrate Use of the Menu structure.