Catalog: 2012–2013 Catalog Year
ENG 102: Composition II
- Name: Composition II
- Discipline: English (ENG)
- Units (Credits): 3
- Schedule History: See when this course was offered over the last three years.
- Transfer Information: Courses with numbers 100 to 299: This course is designed to apply toward a WNC degree and/or transfer to other schools within the Nevada System of Higher Education, depending on the degree chosen and other courses completed. It may transfer to colleges and universities outside Nevada. For information about how this course can transfer and apply to your program of study, please contact a counselor.
- Academic Division: Communications and Fine Arts
Prerequisites and Recommended Courses
I: Catalog Course Description
Continues the study of expository writing. Students read and analyze writing and discursive techniques of interpretation, argument, and research.
II: Course Objectives
Upon completion of this course the student should be able to:
- Read and think critically
- Recognize characteristics of various genres (types) of literature.
- Understand and apply terms used to analyze literature.
- Discuss and write about serious literature with critical insight, precision and clarity.
III: Course Linkage
Linkage of course to educational program mission and at least one educational program outcome.
This course addresses the following Student Learning Objectives of the General Education Mission by ensuring that successful students:
- Are able to demonstrate college level reading, writing, and oral communication skills.
- Possess adequate problem solving, creative reasoning, and critical thinking skills.
- Can engage in meaningful self assessments and work effectively with others.
- Utilize effective and efficient learning skills, including locating and evaluating sources of information.
- Have knowledge of the subject matter to a level that is appropriate to the emphasis of their degree.
- Develop and improve their creative abilities.
- Appreciate the need for continuing education and lifelong learning.
- Will succeed at transfer institutions.