Catalog: 2014–2015 Catalog Year
HIST 207: Discover Nevada's Past
- Name: Discover Nevada's Past
- Discipline: History (HIST)
- Units (Credits): 1–3
- Transfer Information: Courses with numbers 100 to 299: This course is designed to apply toward a WNC degree and/or transfer to other schools within the Nevada System of Higher Education, depending on the degree chosen and other courses completed. It may transfer to colleges and universities outside Nevada. For information about how this course can transfer and apply to your program of study, please contact a counselor.
- Academic Division: Liberal Arts
- Prerequisites: None
I: Catalog Course Description
Explores the many historic sites and scenic areas of Nevada, utilizing lecture discussions, slide presentations, readings and videos.
II: Course Objectives
Upon completion of this course, the student should be able to gain factual knowledge about the history of Nevada, and learn about the various geographic regions of the state.
III: Course Linkage
Linkage of course to educational program mission and at least one educational program outcome.
- Demonstrate college-level writing skills appropriate to their degree or certificate.
- Know the principles of critical thinking appropriate to transfer degrees.
- Know effective and efficient learning skills.