Catalog: 2015–2016 Catalog Year
HIST 247: Introduction to the History of Mexico
- Name: Introduction to the History of Mexico
- Discipline: History (HIST)
- Units (Credits): 3
- Transfer Information: Courses with numbers 100 to 299: This course is designed to apply toward a WNC degree and/or transfer to other schools within the Nevada System of Higher Education, depending on the degree chosen and other courses completed. It may transfer to colleges and universities outside Nevada. For information about how this course can transfer and apply to your program of study, please contact a counselor.
- Academic Division: Liberal Arts
- Prerequisites: None
I: Catalog Course Description
Introduces pre-Columbian Mexico, Colonial New Spain and Mexican national history to the present.
II: Course Objectives
Upon course completion, the student will acquire an understanding of the social, economic, political, and international events and issues which shaped the development of Mexico and its people.
III: Course Linkage
Linkage of course to educational program mission and at least one educational program outcome.
- Demonstrate college-level writing skills appropriate to their degree or certificate.
- Know the principles of critical thinking appropriate to transfer degrees.
- Know effective and efficient learning skills.