Catalog: 2014–2015 Catalog Year
HIST 295: Special Topics in History: India
- Name: Special Topics in History: India
- Discipline: History (HIST)
- Units (Credits): 3
- Transfer Information: Courses with numbers 100 to 299: This course is designed to apply toward a WNC degree and/or transfer to other schools within the Nevada System of Higher Education, depending on the degree chosen and other courses completed. It may transfer to colleges and universities outside Nevada. For information about how this course can transfer and apply to your program of study, please contact a counselor.
- Academic Division: Liberal Arts
Prerequisites and Recommended Courses
- Prerequisites: consent of instructor
I: Catalog Course Description
Offers a broad survey of the history of India from prehistoric times through the regal empires, the colonial experience and modern history. Covers the historical and current Indian political systems and its experience with socialism as well as its current economy. Reviews India's culture including Hinduism, Buddhism, the caste system, sexuality, and music, dance, literature and movies.