Catalog: 2012–2013 Catalog Year
MATH 091: Basic Mathematics
- Name: Basic Mathematics
- Discipline: Mathematics (MATH)
- Units (Credits): 3
- Schedule History: See when this course was offered over the last three years.
- Transfer Information: Courses with numbers below 100: This course is a developmental course that does not apply toward a WNC degree or honors designation and normally does not transfer to a university. Please see a counselor for more information.
- Academic Division: Science, Mathematics & Engineering
- Prerequisites: None
I: Catalog Course Description
Provides the fundamental operation of whole numbers, fractions and mixed numbers, decimals, percentage, measurement and geometry. The course is intended to provide a thorough review of basics needed in future mathematics courses and in applied fields.
II: Course Objectives
Upon completion of this course, successful students should be able to work with the following:
- Addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of whole numbers
- Exponents and order of operations
- Fractions and mixed numbers
- Ratios and proportions
- Measurement (American and Metric units)
- Addition, subtraction of signed numbers
- Applied problems
III: Course Linkage
Linkage of course to educational program mission and at least one educational program outcome.
Although Math 91 does not fulfill any general education or degree program requirements, it will assist students toward developing appropriate college-level mathematical skills and problem solving skills.