Catalog: 2012–2013 Catalog Year
MATH 093: Pre Algebra
- Name: Pre Algebra
- Discipline: Mathematics (MATH)
- Units (Credits): 3
- Schedule History: See when this course was offered over the last three years.
- Transfer Information: Courses with numbers below 100: This course is a developmental course that does not apply toward a WNC degree or honors designation and normally does not transfer to a university. Please see a counselor for more information.
- Academic Division: Science, Mathematics & Engineering
Prerequisites and Recommended Courses
- Prerequisites: MATH 091 or equivalent or consent of instructor
I: Catalog Course Description
Prepares students for MATH 95. Helps students who have experienced difficulties with math to get an introduction to the language and concepts of algebra. Provides a transition from self-paced, basic math to the quick pace required in MATH 95.
II: Course Objectives
Upon completion of this course, successful students should be able to work with the following:
- Prime and composite numbers
- Properties of and operations on signed numbers
- Linear equations
- Ratios, Rates and Proportions
- Solving applied problems
- Rectangular Coordinate System
- Graphing Linear equations
- Square Roots and Pythagorean Theorem
III: Course Linkage
Linkage of course to educational program mission and at least one educational program outcome.
Although Math 93 does not fulfill any general education or degree program requirements, it will assist students toward developing appropriate college-level mathematical skills and problem solving skills.