Catalog: 2014–2015 Catalog Year
MUSE 101: Concert Choir
- Name: Concert Choir
- Discipline: Music: Ensemble (MUSE)
- Units (Credits): 1
- Transfer Information: Courses with numbers 100 to 299: This course is designed to apply toward a WNC degree and/or transfer to other schools within the Nevada System of Higher Education, depending on the degree chosen and other courses completed. It may transfer to colleges and universities outside Nevada. For information about how this course can transfer and apply to your program of study, please contact a counselor.
- Academic Division: Liberal Arts
- Prerequisites: None
I: Catalog Course Description
Teaches representative choral music of all periods. Choir is featured in concerts throughout the WNC service area. May be repeated for a total of four units.
II: Course Objectives
By the completion of the class, the students should, with 75% accuracy:
- Hold a harmony line in an ensemble
- Perform with correct posture and attitude
- Follow a conductor
- Identify stylistic differences between choral selections from various eras
III: Course Linkage
Linkage of course to educational program mission and at least one educational program outcome.
This course fulfills the Student Learning Objectives of ensuring that students:
- Know the subject matter to a level that is appropriate for a musical theater degree
- Can succeed at their transfer institutions
- Posses an understanding of the importance of cultural traditions, diversity, and ethics in the
- Obtain a working knowledge of the fine arts or performing arts.
- Develop their personal creative capabilities
- Appreciate the unique role that the fine arts and humanities have in the development of cultural values
- Desire to participate in cultural or artistic events