Catalog: 2014–2015 Catalog Year
PSC 299: Government Internship
- Name: Government Internship
- Discipline: Political Science (PSC)
- Units (Credits): 3–6
- Transfer Information: Courses with numbers 100 to 299: This course is designed to apply toward a WNC degree and/or transfer to other schools within the Nevada System of Higher Education, depending on the degree chosen and other courses completed. It may transfer to colleges and universities outside Nevada. For information about how this course can transfer and apply to your program of study, please contact a counselor.
- Academic Division: Liberal Arts
Prerequisites and Recommended Courses
- Prerequisites: PSC 103, HIST 111 and consent of instructor. If more students apply than there are positions available, students must submit resumes and will be selected by a review committee
I: Catalog Course Description
Provides students the opportunity to be selected to serve in federal, state or local government offices within the WNC service area.
II: Course Objectives
- Gain factual knowledge about the federal, state, or local government.
- Learn fundamental principles, generalizations, and theories about the federal, state, or local government and link knowledge to the operation of government.
- Acquire an interest in learning more by asking questions and seeking answers.
III: Course Linkage
Linkage of course to educational program mission and at least one educational program outcome.
Students who complete this course are expected to demonstrate they:
- Have college-level skills in reading, writing and oral communication appropriate to their degree and/or emphasis.
- Have problem solving, creative and critical thinking skills.
- Know the basic principles and processes of government at the local, state, national and international levels.