- Name: Microsoft Networking V
- Discipline: Computer Information Technology
- Units (Credits): 3–5
- Transfer Information: (Courses with numbers 100 to 299) This course is designed to apply toward a WNC degree and/or transfer to other schools within the Nevada System of Higher Education, depending on the degree chosen and other courses completed. It may transfer to colleges and universities outside Nevada. For information about how this course can transfer and apply to your program of study, please contact a counselor.
- Academic Division: Career and Technical Education
- Prerequisites: CIT 212
I: Catalog Course Description
Through lectures, discussions, demonstrations, textbook study, and hands-on lab exercises, teaches a special topic in Microsoft Client/Server Architecture.
II: Course Objectives
Offers MCSE electives. Prepares the students to show their expertise and knowledge of Microsoft products. The Microsoft MCSE elective course covers the required area of study required by Microsoft for MCSE certification.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to:
- Show proficiency in a specific Microsoft product.
III: Course Linkage
This course fulfills Western Nevada College's Student Learning Objectives of ensuring that successful students:
- Possess adequate problem solving, creative reasoning, and critical thinking skills.
- Can utilize effective and efficient learning skills, including locating and evaluating sources of information.
- Have college level reading, writing, and oral communication skills.
- Are able to demonstrate knowledge of the subject matter to a level that is appropriate to the emphasis of their degree.
- Understand the theoretical principles behind creating and maintaining a professional level Web site.
- Use current software to create, publish, and maintain a professional level Web site.
- Apply techniques appropriate to their specialty in the operation of a Web site.
Scheduled CIT-215 classes:
There are currently no CIT-215 classes scheduled for this term.