- Name: Principles of Statistics II
- Discipline: Economics
- Units (Credits): 3
- Transfer Information: (Courses with numbers 100 to 299) This course is designed to apply toward a WNC degree and/or transfer to other schools within the Nevada System of Higher Education, depending on the degree chosen and other courses completed. It may transfer to colleges and universities outside Nevada. For information about how this course can transfer and apply to your program of study, please contact a counselor.
- Academic Division: Career and Technical Education
- Prerequisites: ECON 261
I: Catalog Course Description
Offers statistical inference; estimation hypothesis testing, simple linear regression and correlation, and analysis of variance.
II: Course Objectives
This course offers statistical inference; estimation hypothesis testing, simple linear regression and correlation, and analysis of variance.
- Demonstrate a working understanding of inferential statistics and the statistical tools necessary to make common business and personal decisions.
- Continue further study in the field of statistics.
III: Course Linkage
ECON 262--Principles of Statistics II--meets a General Education requirement of the following degrees: Associate of Applied Science, Associate of General Studies.
This course addresses the following Student Learning Objectives of the General Education Mission by ensuring that successful students:
- Are able to demonstrate college level reading, writing, and oral communication skills.
- Possess adequate problem solving, creative reasoning, and critical thinking skills.
- Can engage in meaningful self assessments and work effectively with others.
- Utilize effective and efficient learning skills, including locating and evaluating sources of information.
- Have knowledge of the subject matter to a level that is appropriate to the emphasis of their degree.
- Develop and improve their creative abilities.
- Appreciate the need for continuing education and lifelong learning.
- Will succeed at transfer institutions.
Scheduled ECON-262 classes:
There are currently no ECON-262 classes scheduled for this term.