General Education Mission
The mission of general education at WNC is to provide students who complete degrees and certificates of achievement with critical life skills that will benefit them in their personal and professional endeavors.
General Education Learning Outcomes
Students who complete a degree at WNC are expected to demonstrate:
- college-level skills in reading, writing, and oral communication appropriate to their degree and/or emphasis.
- appropriate college-level mathematical skills.
- problem solving, creative, and critical thinking skills.
- effective and efficient learning skills, including the location and evaluation of information.
- knowledge of the basic principles and processes of government at the local, state and national levels.
- an understanding of scientific inquiry and the role of science and technology in the modern world.
- an understanding of the methods of social science principles and their application in social and civic engagement.
- an understanding of fine arts or performing arts.
- an understanding of the importance of cultural traditions, diversity, and ethics in the modern world.
Students completing a certificate of achievement at WNC are expected to demonstrate appropriate communication, computational, and human relations skills.