- Name: Physical Geography
- Discipline: Geography
- Units (Credits): 3
- Transfer Information: (Courses with numbers 100 to 299) This course is designed to apply toward a WNC degree and/or transfer to other schools within the Nevada System of Higher Education, depending on the degree chosen and other courses completed. It may transfer to colleges and universities outside Nevada. For information about how this course can transfer and apply to your program of study, please contact a counselor.
- Academic Division: Liberal Arts
- Prerequisites: MATH 120, MATH 126 or higher or consent of instructor
I: Catalog Course Description
Teaches the physical elements of geography, nature and distribution of climate, land forms, natural vegetation, and soils. Includes at least four lab experiences.
II: Course Objectives
Upon completion of the course, the successful student will have:
- Gained factual knowledge (terminology, classifications, methods, trends) about PHYSICAL GEOGRAPHY.
- Learned fundamental principles, generalizations or theories of PHYSICAL GEOGRAPHY.
III: Course LinkageGeneral Education: The mission of general education at WNC is to provide students who complete degrees and certificates of achievement with critical life skills that will benefit them in their personal and professional endeavors. GEOG 103: PHYSICAL GEOGRAPHY addresses the general education student learning outcome: Understand the methods of science and the role of science and technology in the modern world.
GEOG 103 fills a degree requirement for the Associate of Science with Geoscience emphasis. The mission of the Associate of Science-Geoscience emphasis is to provide a strong foundation in earth and physical sciences, and prepare students for transfer into many disciplines, including geology, geography, environmental science, and science teaching.