- Name: Physical Geography Laboratory
- Discipline: Geography
- Units (Credits): 1
- Transfer Information: (Courses with numbers 100 to 299) This course is designed to apply toward a WNC degree and/or transfer to other schools within the Nevada System of Higher Education, depending on the degree chosen and other courses completed. It may transfer to colleges and universities outside Nevada. For information about how this course can transfer and apply to your program of study, please contact a counselor.
- Academic Division: Liberal Arts
- Prerequisites: GEOG 103, MATH 120, MATH 126 or higher or consent of instructor
I: Catalog Course Description
Offers experimental and in-depth investigations designed to illustrate fundamental principles of geosciences.
II. Course Objectives and Linkage to General Education Program
The information in the parentheses after a course objective refers to the specific general education (GE) learning outcome that the objective meets. Objectives without this information are not linked to WNC’s general education program.
Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Perform laboratory activities that demonstrate the ability to apply key physical geography concepts and principles. (GE1)
The following is a list of topics that must be covered in Geog 104:
Additionally, instructors may choose to include other topics relevant to a physical geography laboratory.