- Name: Introduction to Cultural Geography
- Discipline: Geography
- Units (Credits): 3
- Transfer Information: (Courses with numbers 100 to 299) This course is designed to apply toward a WNC degree and/or transfer to other schools within the Nevada System of Higher Education, depending on the degree chosen and other courses completed. It may transfer to colleges and universities outside Nevada. For information about how this course can transfer and apply to your program of study, please contact a counselor.
- Academic Division: Liberal Arts
- Prerequisites: None
I: Catalog Course Description
Analyzes the culture regions of the world including physical settings, peoples, settlements, economic activities, historical and political factions with primary emphasis on the Old World.
II. Course Objectives and Linkage to General Education Program
The information in parentheses after a course objective refers to the specific general education (GE) learning outcome that the objective meets. Objectives without this information are not linked to WNC’s general education program.
Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Use terminology specific to the topics selected for the course. (GE 1)
- Demonstrate working knowledge of sustainable human-environmental interaction(s). (GE 1)
- Demonstrate working knowledge of the struggle between globalization and maintaining traditional values amongst societies.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of key geographic concepts needed to explain cultural diversity . (GE 1)
The following is a list of topics that must be covered in GEOG 106:
Additionally, the instructor may choose to include other topics relevant to cultural geography.
Scheduled GEOG-106 classes:
There are currently no GEOG-106 classes scheduled for this term.