- Name: World Regional Geography
- Discipline: Geography
- Units (Credits): 3
- Transfer Information: (Courses with numbers 100 to 299) This course is designed to apply toward a WNC degree and/or transfer to other schools within the Nevada System of Higher Education, depending on the degree chosen and other courses completed. It may transfer to colleges and universities outside Nevada. For information about how this course can transfer and apply to your program of study, please contact a counselor.
- Academic Division: Liberal Arts
- Prerequisites: None
I: Catalog Course Description
Introduces the world's regions with concentration on parts of the world which may be less familiar - many of which are experiencing great changes and have a major impact on the United States. Specific areas that will be covered include Africa, Asia, and Latin America.
II: Course Objectives
Upon completion of the course, the successful student will:
- Understand the importance of cultural traditions, diversity, and ethics in the modern world.
- Understand and apply social science principles, including and appreciation of participation in civic affairs.
- Come to understand the interconnectedness of the physical world with the human world and how they interact.
III: Course Linkage
This course addresses the following Student Learning Objectives of the General Education Mission by ensuring that successful students:
- Are able to demonstrate college level reading, writing, and oral communication skills.
- Possess adequate problem solving, creative reasoning, and critical thinking skills.
- Can engage in meaningful self assessments and work effectively with others.
- Utilize effective and efficient learning skills, including locating and evaluating sources of information.
- Have knowledge of the subject matter to a level that is appropriate to the emphasis of their degree.
- Develop and improve their creative abilities.
- Appreciate the need for continuing education and lifelong learning.
- Will succeed at transfer institutions.
Scheduled GEOG-200 classes:
There are currently no GEOG-200 classes scheduled for this term.