- Name: World Regional Geography
- Discipline: Geography
- Units (Credits): 3
- Transfer Information: (Courses with numbers 100 to 299) This course is designed to apply toward a WNC degree and/or transfer to other schools within the Nevada System of Higher Education, depending on the degree chosen and other courses completed. It may transfer to colleges and universities outside Nevada. For information about how this course can transfer and apply to your program of study, please contact a counselor.
- Academic Division: Liberal Arts
- Prerequisites: None
I: Catalog Course Description
Introduces the world's regions with concentration on parts of the world which may be less familiar - many of which are experiencing great changes and have a major impact on the United States. Specific areas that will be covered include Africa, Asia, and Latin America.
II. Course Objectives and Linkage to General Education Program
The information in parentheses after a course objective refers to the specific general education (GE) learning outcome that the objective meets. Objectives without this information are not linked to WNC’s general education program.
Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Use terminology specific to the topics selected for the course. (GE 1)
- Understand spatial similarities & differences amongst global regions. (GE 1)
- Use key geographic concepts to demonstrate the evolution of regional cultures and traditions. (GE 1)
- Locate, evaluate, and appropriately use information from multiple sources to complete activities related to the evolution of regional conflicts. (GE 4)
The following is a list of topics that must be covered in GEOG 200:
Additionally, the instructor may choose to include other topics relevant to world regional geography.
Scheduled GEOG-200 classes:
There are currently no GEOG-200 classes scheduled for this term.