- Name: Marketing Principles
- Discipline: Marketing
- Units (Credits): 3
- Transfer Information: (Courses with numbers 100 to 299) This course is designed to apply toward a WNC degree and/or transfer to other schools within the Nevada System of Higher Education, depending on the degree chosen and other courses completed. It may transfer to colleges and universities outside Nevada. For information about how this course can transfer and apply to your program of study, please contact a counselor.
- Academic Division: Career and Technical Education
- Prerequisites: None
I: Catalog Course Description
Covers the problems of manufacturers, wholesalers, and retailers in the marketing of goods and services. Students will develop a plan applying the marketing principles. MKT 210 is accepted in lieu of MGRS 310 (UNR) or MKT 430 (UNLV) upon validation of content and knowledge by approved College of Business examination, or satisfactory performance ("C" or better) in MGRS 489 (UNR) or MKT 432 (UNLV) during the first year of eligibility to enroll in the appropriate upper division business course at the University of Nevada, Reno or the University of Nevada, Las Vegas.
II: Course Objectives
Upon completion of this course, students will develop a plan towards applying the marketing principles of:
- Use strategic planning and the marketing process in understanding specific marketing environments.
- Determine market segmentation for targeting and positioning the product.
- Research information for a new product idea.
- Prepare a group project for cost, pricing, distribution, and promotion of a product.
III: Course Linkage
This class meets a requirement of the following: AAS- Management Emphasis, and Retail Management Certificate of Achievement
MKT 210 (Marketing Principles) addresses the following Student Learning Objectives of ensuring that students will:
- Know the subject matter to a level that is appropriate for the emphasis of their degree.
- Have developed the managerial and personal skills essential for success within the current business environment.