- Name: Machine Shop Practice III
- Discipline: Machine Tool Technology
- Units (Credits): 2
- Transfer Information: (Courses with numbers 100 to 299) This course is designed to apply toward a WNC degree and/or transfer to other schools within the Nevada System of Higher Education, depending on the degree chosen and other courses completed. It may transfer to colleges and universities outside Nevada. For information about how this course can transfer and apply to your program of study, please contact a counselor.
- Academic Division: Career and Technical Education
- Corequisites: MTT 250
I: Catalog Course Description
Further develops student's manual skills by putting into practice the theories and user skills introduced in MTT 250. The emphasis will be a more practical, hands-on experience through the use of vertical mill work, layout techniques, vertical and horizontal band saws, measuring instruments and lathes. Shop safety and cleanup are always stressed.
Note: Non-transferable for an NSHE baccalaureate degree. Non-applicable towards an AA or AS Degree.
II: Course Objectives
After successful completion of this course, the student will have extended their skills, using the vertical milling machine, surface grinder; and engine lathe to produce a precision piece of equipment used by machinists in Machine shop environment.
III: Course Linkage
This course may be chosen to fulfill a Degree Requirement for the Machine Tool Technology Associate of Applied Science Degree and Certificate of Achievement.
The mission of the Associate of Applied science Degree and Certificate of Achievement is to provide employment-related knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in a chosen field of study.
Upon completion of this course, successful students will:
- Know the proper safety and work etiquette that is appropriate for a Machine Shop environment.
- Be able to perform various types of machining operations and techniques.
- Will make progress with reaching their performance goals, whether they are for personal or professional development.