- Name: Computer-Aided Manufacturing I
- Discipline: Machine Tool Technology
- Units (Credits): 1–4
- Transfer Information: (Courses with numbers 100 to 299) This course is designed to apply toward a WNC degree and/or transfer to other schools within the Nevada System of Higher Education, depending on the degree chosen and other courses completed. It may transfer to colleges and universities outside Nevada. For information about how this course can transfer and apply to your program of study, please contact a counselor.
- Academic Division: Career and Technical Education
- Prerequisites: MTT 230, MTT 232, CADD 100 or consent of instructor
I: Catalog Course Description
Teaches computer-aided manufacturing for two-and-a-half dimension axes (2.5D). Students learn how to design and prepare to manufacture parts on the mill and lathe using state of the art CAD/CAM software.
Note: Non-transferable for an NSHE baccalaureate degree. Non-applicable towards an AA or AS Degree.
II: Course Objectives
After successful completion of this course the student will have an intermediate understanding of how to design with BOBCAD version 20. This course starts from basic level of understanding the measurements for design with this software. The student will then learn to post process their design to a useable CNC program that would be used in the manufacturing environment.
III: Course Linkage
This course may be chosen to fulfill a Degree Requirement for the Machine Tool Technology Associate of Applied Science Degree and Certificate of Achievement.
The mission of the Associate of Applied science Degree and Certificate of Achievement is to provide employment-related knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in a chosen field of study.
Upon completion of this course, successful students will:
- Know the proper safety and work etiquette that is appropriate for a Machine Shop environment.
- Be able to perform various types of machining operations and techniques.
- Will make progress with reaching their performance goals, whether they are for personal or professional development.
Scheduled MTT-292 classes:
There are currently no MTT-292 classes scheduled for this term.