- Name: Computer-Aided Manufacturing II
- Discipline: Machine Tool Technology
- Units (Credits): 1–4
- Transfer Information: (Courses with numbers 100 to 299) This course is designed to apply toward a WNC degree and/or transfer to other schools within the Nevada System of Higher Education, depending on the degree chosen and other courses completed. It may transfer to colleges and universities outside Nevada. For information about how this course can transfer and apply to your program of study, please contact a counselor.
- Academic Division: Career and Technical Education
- Prerequisites: MTT 292 or consent of instructor
I: Catalog Course Description
Teaches computer-aided manufacturing for three dimension axes (3D). Students learn how to design and prepare to manufacture parts in full 3D for the CNC mill using CAD/CAM software.
Note: Non-transferable for an NSHE baccalaureate degree. Non-applicable towards an AA, AB or AS Degree.
II: Course Objectives
After successful completion of this course the student will have and advanced level of understanding for the BOBCAD version 20 design software. This is an extension of computer aided design I course to help the student to understand and discover all the less know functions of this software that will make design easier and faster.
III: Course Linkage
This course may be chosen to fulfill a Degree Requirement for the Machine Tool Technology Associate of Applied Science Degree and Certificate of Achievement.
The mission of the Associate of Applied science Degree and Certificate of Achievement is to provide employment-related knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in a chosen field of study.
Upon completion of this course, successful students will:
- Know the proper safety and work etiquette that is appropriate for a Machine Shop environment.
- Be able to perform various types of machining operations and techniques.
- Will make progress with reaching their performance goals, whether they are for personal or professional development.
Scheduled MTT-293 classes:
There are currently no MTT-293 classes scheduled for this term.