- Name: History of The American Musical Theatre
- Discipline: Music
- Units (Credits): 3
- Transfer Information: (Courses with numbers 100 to 299) This course is designed to apply toward a WNC degree and/or transfer to other schools within the Nevada System of Higher Education, depending on the degree chosen and other courses completed. It may transfer to colleges and universities outside Nevada. For information about how this course can transfer and apply to your program of study, please contact a counselor.
- Academic Division: Liberal Arts
- Prerequisites: None
I: Catalog Course Description
Offers a cultural, musical and theatrical survey of musical theatre in the United States, from the mid-nineteenth century to the present.
III: Course Linkage
This course fulfills the Student Learning Objectives of ensuring that students:
- Know the subject matter to a level that is appropriate for a musical theater degree
- Can succeed at their transfer institutions
- Posses an understanding of the importance of cultural traditions, diversity, and ethics in the modern world
- Obtain a working knowledge of the fine arts or performing arts.
- Develop their personal creative capabilities
- Appreciate the unique role that the fine arts and humanities have in the development of cultural values
- Desire to participate in cultural or artistic events