- Name: Concert Choir
- Discipline: Music: Ensemble
- Units (Credits): 1
- Transfer Information: (Courses with numbers 100 to 299) This course is designed to apply toward a WNC degree and/or transfer to other schools within the Nevada System of Higher Education, depending on the degree chosen and other courses completed. It may transfer to colleges and universities outside Nevada. For information about how this course can transfer and apply to your program of study, please contact a counselor.
- Academic Division: Liberal Arts
- Prerequisites: None
I: Catalog Course Description
Study and performance of representative choral music of all periods. Choir is featured in concerts throughout the WNC service area. May be repeated for a total of four units.
II. Course Objectives and Linkage to General Education Program
The information in the parentheses after a course objective refers to the specific general education (GE) learning outcome that the objective meets. Objectives without this information are not linked to WNC’s general education program.
By the completion of the class, the students should, with 75% accuracy:
- Hold a harmony line in an ensemble (GE 1)
- Perform with correct posture and attitude (GE 1)
- Follow a conductor (GE 1)
- Identify stylistic differences between choral selections from various eras (GE 1)
Scheduled MUSE-101 classes:
There are currently no MUSE-101 classes scheduled for this term.