- Name: Introduction to Logic
- Discipline: Philosophy
- Units (Credits): 3
- Transfer Information: (Courses with numbers 100 to 299) This course is designed to apply toward a WNC degree and/or transfer to other schools within the Nevada System of Higher Education, depending on the degree chosen and other courses completed. It may transfer to colleges and universities outside Nevada. For information about how this course can transfer and apply to your program of study, please contact a counselor.
- Academic Division: Liberal Arts
- Prerequisites: None
I: Catalog Course Description
Introduces symbolic logic. Studies the principles of correct reasoning, using the symbolic techniques of propositional calculus and basic quantifier calculus.
II: Course Objectives
This is an introduction to symbolic deductive logic. Phil 114 presents the basic techniques used to derive a valid conclusion from the premises of an argument and also techniques for determining whether or not a deductive argument is valid
III: Course Linkage
Phil 114 satisfies the general education requirement for any degree or certificate program and addresses the following Student Learning Objectives of the General Education Requirement by ensuring that students:
- Demonstrate an adequate knowledge of critical thinking skills.
- Use appropriate principles of reasoning and decision-making.
Scheduled PHIL-114 classes:
There are currently no PHIL-114 classes scheduled for this term.