- Name: Great Issues of Politics
- Discipline: Political Science
- Units (Credits): 3
- Transfer Information: (Courses with numbers 100 to 299) This course is designed to apply toward a WNC degree and/or transfer to other schools within the Nevada System of Higher Education, depending on the degree chosen and other courses completed. It may transfer to colleges and universities outside Nevada. For information about how this course can transfer and apply to your program of study, please contact a counselor.
- Academic Division: Liberal Arts
- Prerequisites: PSC 103, HIST 101 or consent of instructor
I: Catalog Course Description
Studies political processes and ways in which political decisions are made and implemented.
II: Course Objectives
- Gain factual knowledge about political processes.
- Learn fundamental principles, generalizations, and theories about political decision-making and implementation.
- Acquire an interest in learning more by asking questions and seeking answers.
III: Course Linkage
Students who complete this course are expected to demonstrate they:
- Have college-level skills in reading, writing and oral communication to a level that is appropriate for their degree and/or emphasis.
- Can utilize problem solving, creative reasoning, and critical thinking skills.
- Know the basic operating principles and processes of government at the local, state, national and international levels.
- Understand and apply the principles of social science, including participation in civic affairs.
Scheduled PSC-108 classes:
There are currently no PSC-108 classes scheduled for this term.