- Name: Special Topics in Political Science
- Discipline: Political Science
- Units (Credits): 3
- Transfer Information: (Courses with numbers 100 to 299) This course is designed to apply toward a WNC degree and/or transfer to other schools within the Nevada System of Higher Education, depending on the degree chosen and other courses completed. It may transfer to colleges and universities outside Nevada. For information about how this course can transfer and apply to your program of study, please contact a counselor.
- Academic Division: Liberal Arts
- Prerequisites: consent of instructor
I: Catalog Course Description
Explores in detail an issue of current interest. Topics might include: the formulation and implementation of national security policy; the implementation and formation of national, state or local policy; or the structure and function of government agencies. May be repeated for up to six credits.
II: Course Objectives
- Gain factual knowledge about current political issues, government structure, policies, and the policy making process.
- Learn fundamental principles, generalizations, and theories about the policy making process and/or the structure and function of government agencies in the U.S.
- Acquire an interest in learning more by asking questions and seeking answers.
III: Course Linkage
Students who complete this course are expected to demonstrate they:
- Have college-level skills in reading, writing and oral communication to a level that is appropriate for their degree and/or emphasis.
- Can utilize problem solving, creative reasoning, and critical thinking skills.
- Know the basic operating principles and processes of government at the local, state, national and international levels.
- Understand and apply the principles of social science, including participation in civic affairs.
Scheduled PSC-295 classes:
There are currently no PSC-295 classes scheduled for this term.