- Name: Elementary Surveying
- Discipline: Surveying
- Units (Credits): 4
- Transfer Information: (Courses with numbers 100 to 299) This course is designed to apply toward a WNC degree and/or transfer to other schools within the Nevada System of Higher Education, depending on the degree chosen and other courses completed. It may transfer to colleges and universities outside Nevada. For information about how this course can transfer and apply to your program of study, please contact a counselor.
- Academic Division: Career and Technical Education
- Prerequisites: MATH 127 or higher
I: Catalog Course Description
Offers a beginning course designed to introduce students to modern techniques in land surveying.
II: Course Objectives
Introduce the fundamental principles and practices common to the industry for working as a land surveyor.
Provide exposure to common software and other methods for site surveying and prepare the student for other survey courses.
III: Course Linkage
This course is a required course in the Associate of Applied Science Degree in Construction Technology, Construction Project Management, and may be used to fulfill the requirement in a partnership program for a Bachelor of Technology Degree in Construction Management at WNC.
The mission of the Associate of Applied Science Degree in Construction Technology, Construction Project Management is to provide management training that addresses topics of critical importance to subcontractors, general contractors, superintendents and project managers.
This course addresses the following AAS degree Student Learning Objectives in which the successful student will be able to demonstrate that they:
- Have knowledge of the subject matter to a level that is appropriate for the construction industry.
- Possess the essential skills necessary for performing tasks within the construction industry.
- Can maintain a proficiency with their communication and computational skills to a level that is appropriate for the construction industry.
- Are able to effectively utilize available resources in order to remain current with the evolving standards in the construction industry.
- Appreciate the importance of social, ethical, legal and diversity issues.
Scheduled SUR-161 classes:
There are currently no SUR-161 classes scheduled for this term.