- Name: Introduction to Acting I
- Discipline: Theatre
- Units (Credits): 3
- Transfer Information: (Courses with numbers 100 to 299) This course is designed to apply toward a WNC degree and/or transfer to other schools within the Nevada System of Higher Education, depending on the degree chosen and other courses completed. It may transfer to colleges and universities outside Nevada. For information about how this course can transfer and apply to your program of study, please contact a counselor.
- Academic Division: Liberal Arts
- Prerequisites: None
I: Catalog Course Description
Examines fundamentals of stage acting with special emphasis on improvisation. Introduces the principles that govern the performing environment. Speech and vocal skills as well as theatrical movement will be stressed. Emphasis is on preparation aspect of acting rather than on performance.
II. Course Objectives and Linkage to General Education Program
The information in the parentheses after a course objective refers to the specific general education(GE) learning outcome that the objective meets. Objectives without this information are not linked to WNC’s general education program.
By the completion of the class, the students should, with 75% accuracy:
- Develop effective oral communication skills (GE 1, 2)
- Improvise a scenario dealing with a given topic (GE 1, 6)