- Name: Cinema as Art & Communication
- Discipline: Theatre
- Units (Credits): 3
- Transfer Information: (Courses with numbers 100 to 299) This course is designed to apply toward a WNC degree and/or transfer to other schools within the Nevada System of Higher Education, depending on the degree chosen and other courses completed. It may transfer to colleges and universities outside Nevada. For information about how this course can transfer and apply to your program of study, please contact a counselor.
- Academic Division: Liberal Arts
- Prerequisites: None
I: Catalog Course Description
Surveys cinema in its diverse forms. Course uses films to show historical and stylistic influences on the aesthetic values and social implications of cinema.
II: Course Objectives
By the completion of the class, the students should be able to discuss, with 75% accuracy:
- Film as an art form
- Film as a communicator
- Film as a technology
- Film as a business
III: Course Linkage
This course addresses the following Student Learning Objectives in which the successful student will be able to demonstrate that they:
- Have knowledge of the subject matter to a level that is appropriate for their degree emphasis.
- Will be able to succeed at their transfer institutions.
- Possess adequate problem solving, creative reasoning, and critical thinking skills.
- Understand the importance of cultural traditions, diversity, and ethics in the modern world.
- Appreciate the significance of the fine arts and performing arts.
- Are able to develop their personal creative capabilities.
- Can recognize the unique role of the fine arts and humanities in the development of cultural values.
Scheduled THTR-180 classes:
There are currently no THTR-180 classes scheduled for this term.