- Name: Welding Projects
- Discipline: Welding
- Units (Credits): 1–10
- Transfer Information: (Courses with numbers 100 to 299) This course is designed to apply toward a WNC degree and/or transfer to other schools within the Nevada System of Higher Education, depending on the degree chosen and other courses completed. It may transfer to colleges and universities outside Nevada. For information about how this course can transfer and apply to your program of study, please contact a counselor.
- Academic Division: Career and Technical Education
- Prerequisites: consent of instructor
I: Catalog Course Description
Offers welding student additional supervised lab hours. Students will perfect their skills through an approved project or work toward an AWS Code preparation.
Note: Non-transferable for an NSHE baccalaureate degree. Non-applicable towards an AA, AB or AS Degree.
II: Course Objectives
Complete approved project or work toward an AWS code preparation.
III: Course Linkage
This is a required course for the Welding Technology Associate of Applied Science degree and fulfills a course requirement in the Welding Technology Certificate of Achievement.
The mission of the Associate of Applied Science Degree in Welding Technology is to provide employment-related knowledge and the skills necessary to succeed in a chosen field of study.
This course addresses the following AAS degree Student Learning Objectives in which the successful student will be able to demonstrate that they:
- Have knowledge of the subject matter to a level appropriate for the welding industry.
- Possess the essential skill necessary for performing tasks within the welding industry.
- Can effectively present themselves to a potential employer.
- Make proficient use of communications and computational skills to a level appropriate to the welding industry.
- Effectively utilize available resources in order to remain current with the evolving standards of the welding industry.
- Are able to maintain an appropriate work attitude, a willingness to learn, a desire to accept and benefit from evaluations, and strive for a high level of enthusiasm, commitment, and pride in their work.