The mission of NSNA is to:
- Bring together and mentor students preparing for initial licensure as registered nurses, as well as those enrolled in baccalaureate completion programs.
- Convey the standards and ethics of the nursing profession.
- Promote development of the skills that students will need as responsible and accountable members of the nursing profession.
- Advocate for high quality, evidence-based, affordable and accessible health care.
- Advocate for and contribute to advances in nursing education.
- Develop nursing students who are prepared to lead the profession in the future.