The Bookkeeping Certificate of Achievement is designed for students who wish to enter the accounting profession as an accounting clerk or as an entry level bookkeeper.
It allows students to obtain credit for courses that will also apply toward the Associate of Applied Science in Business-Accounting.
upon completing the Certificate in Bookkeeping, students will be able to
- Provide employment related knowledge and skills.
- Know subject matter.
- Understand accounting principles and their importance to the business environment.
- Demonstrate managerial and personal skills.
- Demonstrate oral, written, computational and computer skills.
- Utilize appropriate resources to remain current in their field.
- Appreciate the importance of social, ethical, legal and diversity issues.
A minimum of 30 total credits chosen from the following categories:
Program Requirements21 Units (Credits)
|ACC 135||Bookkeeping I||3|
|ACC 201||Financial Accounting||3|
|BUS 101||Introduction to Business||3|
|IS 101||Introduction to Information Systems||3|
|MGT 201||Principles of Management||3|
|Choose 6 units from the following:|
|ACC 180||Payroll & Employee Benefit Accounting||3|
|ACC 202||Managerial Accounting||3|
|ACC 203||Intermediate Accounting I||3|
|ACC 220||Microcomputer Accounting Systems||3|
|ACC 223||Introduction to QuickBooks||3|
|ACC 290||Certified Bookkeeper Course||6|
General Education Requirements9 Units (Credits)
Recommended: BUS 107, BUS 108
Suggested Course Sequence
Program Requirements: 30 Credits. Please see a counselor or academic advisor for more information.
First Semester: 15 Credits
|BUS 107 OR ENG/COM||3|
|BUS 109 OR MATH 120||3|
|IS 101 OR IS 201||3|
Second Semester: 15 Credits
|BUS 108 OR ENG/COM||3|